Friday, August 28, 2009

(P)Review : Big Fan : Patton Oswalt

Here's a smaller film getting a slightly wider release this week. I'll hopefully be able to catch it some time in the next week so I can get my thoughts out to you with the quickness. In the meantime, check out what this is all about (from the film's IMDB):

"Paul Aufiero, a hardcore New York Giants football fan, struggles to deal with the consequences when he is beaten up by his favorite player."

I know, I know, it doesn't sound so intriguing, but by all accounts it's an almost terrifying look at what it is to be more than a fan. Keep in mind that this was written by Robert Siegel, who wrote The Wrestler, so you know the drama will be there, with the... appropriate amount of dark levity. And anything with Patton Oswalt starring is damn near guaranteed to be something of odd beauty. I am consistently excited and challenged by comedians who take on decidedly non-comedic roles, and I don't feel like this will be an exception. I'm very much looking forward to checking this out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Movies We Recommend:

-Big Fan
-9

-Inglorious Basterds
-Paper Heart
-District 9

Movie Trailers and Quick Reviews

Inglorious Basterds A slow burning, savage, and darkly amusing look at WWII told in 5 chapters, through the eyes of strong characters and brutal, explosive violence. Highly Recommended for fans of Quentin Tarantino, WWII films, and pointed story telling.

Good Watches:

Home Page

Books

Comics & Graphic Novels

Movies

Music

Locals News

Television

Authors

Contributing Editor: Jared Bowers